Johns Creek Presbyterian Church, Johns Creek, GA, is currently seeking a qualified individual to fill our Director of Music vacancy. This is a part-time position, which averages 20 to 25 hours per week. We offer compensation at a rate of $25 to $30 per hour commensurate with experience. I have included a document file containing a detailed description of our opening. I would appreciate your listing our position opportunity on the AGOATLANTA website. Should you require any additional information, I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 770-335-0778.
Director of Music – Part-time
Johns Creek Presbyterian Church, 10950 Bell Road, Johns Creek, Georgia 30097
Johns Creek Presbyterian (JCPC) is a vibrant, mission-oriented church of over nine hundred active adults, youth and children, located in the rapidly growing city of Johns Creek, Georgia. We believe in glorifying God through our Sunday worship services filled with prayer, proclamation of the good news of God’s love and grace, and inspirational music. We are guided by three principles: 1) Worship is the most important thing we do; 2) Not for us alone; and 3) Give, Go, Live. These serve as reminders that we are called to love God and our neighbors — as we serve all people.
Hourly Rate: $25 to $30 commensurate with experience.
Position Description: This position will require on average 20-25 hours per week. This is accomplished with the support of a full-time Worship and Arts assistant.
- Leading and directing the Chancel Choir for Sunday worship, special music, and holiday services.
- Selecting musical pieces for each worship service, in consultation with the pastors.
- Supervising and coordinating musicians for worship services.
- Supporting congregational singing and other musical portions of the worship services.
- Leading regular rehearsals of the choirs.
- Directing music programs for Youth, Children, and Handbell choirs.
- Identifying musical talent within the congregation and inviting members to participate in the worship ministry.
- Nurturing a church culture that places a high value on worship being “the most important thing we do.”
- Providing direction and support to our Fine Arts Academy.
- Firm commitment to Christian faith that supports a Reformed theological approach to worship.
- Bachelor’s degree in music or similar field.
- Experience with planning and leading various types of worship music.
Inquires and/or resumes should be sent via email to: Patrick Pearson (email@example.com).
[Posted 24 JUN 2019]