Saint Paul United Methodist Church, 501 Grant Street SE, 30312
Title Director of Music
Hours Part time; 8-10 Hours/week
Reports to Pastor
Direct Reports Accompanist
Summary Lead and coordinate all musical activities at St. Paul UMC. Salary is commensurate with experience, between $12,000-$16,000
Work creatively with the pastor, accompanist, and musical volunteers to integrate weekly music with the biblical and liturgical theme for each particular Sunday and season.
- Invites, engages, and schedules the musicians of St. Paul UMC, singers and instrumentalists, etc. to offer their musical gifts in praise of God in worship.
- Rehearses and directs the St. Paul UMC Chancel Choir.
- Seeks and encourages a variety of musical participation from every segment of the congregation – children, youth, and adults (choral, solos, ensembles, duos, etc.). Provides resources for children’s music.
- Plans, facilitates, coordinates, rehearses, and directs the music for weekly worship, including congregation hymns, special music offerings, and all other service music. Plans and leads music for special worship services and events other than Sundays, including but not limited to: Christmas Eve, Holy Week, and Easter Sunrise, Vacation Bible School, and Concerts.
- Seeks opportunities to involve the wider community of Grant Park and Atlanta in the varied musical life of the church through special concerts and events.
- Implements a wide variety of musical styles that includes both sacred and secular music.
Planning and Administration
- Reports monthly to the Administrative Council on the music ministry of St. Paul.
- Provides the office with a list of music to include in the bulletin each week.
- Directly responsible to the Pastor. Relates to the Staff-Parish Committee of the church with regards to staff support and personal matters.
- Informs the Church Trustees of the need for timely maintenance and repair of church instruments and the church provides money for such purposes.
- Maturity in the Christian faith
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with others, including staff and volunteers
- Music performance or education degree
- Ability to play guitar a plus
- AV knowledge a plus
Interested Candidates are encouraged to send a cover sheet and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
[Posted 7 JUL 2021]