Sandersville United Methodist Church, 202 West Church Street, Sandersville, GA 31082 (478) 552-3374
Part Time Position
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide organ service music and accompany the adult choir at the 11:00 service regularly scheduled each Sunday (10:30 in July). Music selections should include 3 hymns, a prelude, an offertory, and a postlude. Organ is a 13 rank, two manual Casavant.
- Provide organ music for the following additional services during the year: Christmas Eve, Good Friday, Maundy Thursday, and Ash Wednesday.
- Rehearse once weekly (Wednesday evening 7:00-8:00 p.m.) with adult choir. There will be no rehearsals during the months of June and July.
- Cooperate with the pastor and choral director in the area of general planning and leadership of the institution’s music program. Be directly responsible to the pastor.
- Report to the appropriate committee the condition and needs for maintenance of the organ and pianos.
- Guest organists shall not be permitted to use the organ without prior approval by the organist.
- The organist must complete Safe Sanctuary training to obtain permission to provide private lessons to minors when using the instruments owned by SUMC.
- Work together with the church staff to ensure meaningful worship opportunities for the church body.
The above named institution, in consideration of the foregoing, shall agree to the following obligations and responsibilities:
- Compensation of $20,000-$22,000 depending on experience
Resumes may be submitted to Sandersville United Methodist church via Fax or email:
Fax: (888) 613-7909
Stan Littleton, pastor (478) 552-3374
Jessalyn Alexander, choral director (478) 232-8444
[Posted 21 JUN 2019]