The organist is a key participant in our Sunday and Wednesday evening services. The purpose of the music in our services is to support the healing message given by the First and Second Readers on Sunday, and, by the First Reader on Wednesday evening. The following are the duties of the organist:
- Select and perform music for the following on Sunday:
- Prelude (10 minutes)
- Offertory (3-5 minutes)
- Postlude (10 minutes)
- Accompany the congregation in three hymns selected by the First Reader each week.
- Accompany the soloist in performing a solo each Sunday.
- Select and perform music for the Wednesday evening service:
- Accompany the congregation in three hymns during the service chosen by the First Reader.
*Contact John Wyman- Music Chair @ 440-463-1978 or firstname.lastname@example.org
[Posted 30 NOV 2021]