The Organist assists in worship leadership through using their gifts in weekly worship services, working alongside the Associate Pastor of Music and Worship (APMW).
This is a part-time position that reports to the Associate Pastor of Music and Worship, with an annual salary between $20,800 ($400/wk) and $26,000 ($500/wk), dependent upon experience.
Qualifications and/or Skills Needed
• Bachelor’s degree in organ performance (Master’s preferred) or equivalent experience
• Experience in worship leadership as an organist
• Awareness of congregational singing and hymnody in a variety of styles
• Quality organ repertoire consistent with the worship style of Central Baptist Church (CBC)
• Team-oriented approach to rehearsals and services
• Sufficient knowledge of organ function and regular maintenance
• Weekly Sunday morning worship leadership with appropriate music in congruence with theidentity and worship style of CBC (2 services: 8:45am & 10:55am)
• Provide weekly service music details in a timely manner (no later than Wednesday of each week)
• Accompany soloists, ensembles, and additional special music opportunities on occasion
(i.e. brass ensemble, orchestra, etc.)
• Prepare music for special seasonal services during Advent and Lent, including Christmas Eve
• Arrange for substitute organist, as required, in consultation with the APMW
• Play for additional special services such as weddings, funerals, etc. (additional compensation isavailable for these opportunities)
• Assist with coordinating organ tuning and maintenance needs along with APMW
• Serve as substitute accompanist as needed
Central Baptist Church proudly maintains a 2020 Schantz pipe organ.
It features 3 manuals, 28 stops, 33 ranks, and 1,979 pipes.
Please email resumes with a cover letter and two references to:
Dr. Ronnie Oliver, Jr. , Associate Pastor of Music & Worship
[Posted 28 JUL 2023]