The following describes our expectation of this position:
Purpose and Function:
• Direct and accompany the choir at the Sunday, 10:30 a.m. service.
• Select and prepare service music, hymns and anthems for worship and other services.
• Develop choirs for the music ministry of the parish.
• Support the Children’s Choirs.
• Direct the Bell Choir.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Prepare for and conduct weekly rehearsals.
• Schedule extra rehearsals, as needed.
• Manage paid singers and submit check requests for them each month.
• When appropriate select instrumentalists to enhance the music for worship.
• Serve as the principal musician for weddings and funerals, have first right of refusal for services.
• Attend weekly staff meeting.
• Maintain the organ, pianos, and any other instruments belonging to St. Paul’s.
• Maintain the music library.
• In cooperation with the Rector, Director of Children and Youth Ministry, include children and youth in worship and programs of the church.
St. Paul’s Episcopal Church Newnan
576 Roscoe Road
Newnan, GA 30263
P: 770.253.4264 x. 168
[Posted 27 MAR 2023]